First Congregational Church of Ramona draws together people of various backgrounds and beliefs into a community of faith that is committed to living lives of love, as witnessed in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Believing that all people are created in the image of God and are of sacred worth, we welcome all people into full participation in the life of our community. While valuing freedom of conscience, we are a church where it is safe to disagree with one another and still remain united in the love of God and in the fellowship of Christ’s body.
Our worship service is at 10:00 a.m. Sunday mornings. All are welcome!
No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are always welcome at First Congregational Church of Ramona.
- We are committed to loving God and loving others
- We do this through regular worship together, meeting in small groups, serving the greater community, and discerning God’s voice.
- United Church of Christ Statement of Faith:
- We believe in God, the Eternal Spirit, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and our Father, and to His deeds we testify:
- He calls the worlds into being, creates man in His own image and sets before him the ways of life and death.
- He seeks in holy love to save all people from aimlessness and sin.
- He judges people and nations by His righteous will declared through prophets and apostles.
- In Jesus Christ, the man of Nazareth, our crucified and risen LORD, He has come to us and shared our common lot, conquering sin and death and reconciling the world to Himself.
- He bestows upon us his Holy Spirit, creating and renewing the church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant faithful people of all ages, tongues, and races.
- He calls us into His church to accept the cost and joy of discipleship, to be His servants in the service of people, to proclaim the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil, to share in Christ’s baptism and eat at His table, to join Him in his passion and victory.
- He promises to all who trust Him forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, His presence in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in His kingdom which has no end. Blessing and honor, glory and power be unto Him. Amen.